Wednesday, September 1, 2010

At the U.S. Open: Female Tennis PlayerVictoria Azarenka Collapse in Sweltering New York Heat Wave Caused by Concussion


If you can’t stand the heat, get off the court, or is it kitchen?

The New York Post reports that it wasn’t the heat, at least not completely.

Victoria Azarenka blamed a mild concussion suffered in a prematch fall as the reason for her scary on-court collapse in the first set of her U.S. Open match against Gisela Dulko on Wednesday.

The temperatures on the courts at Flushing Meadows were already into the low 100s on Wednesday afternoon, and Azarenka was laboring throughout the match, which she trailed 5-1. She seemed disoriented and also was favoring her elbow.

But the No. 10 player in the world did not blame the oppressive conditions.

“I was warming up in the gym prior to my match against Gisela Dulko when I fell while running a sprint,” Azarenka said in a statement. “I fell forward and hit my arm and head. I was checked by the medical team before I went on the court and they were courtside for monitoring.




I don't know who this sports babe is, but she's HOT!!!

Full story

They don’t make tennis players like they used to.

Don't Leave Without Clicking Other Great Stories in The Last Tradition. Tell two friends about this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment